Home > CEU Events|
- 1 CEU = 10 contact hours
- CEUs for EEC renewal must = .5 CEU at a minimum.
- CEUs offer more than training and less than a college course.
- CEUs have a similar cost to workshops.
- CEUs are one type of continuing education for EEC renewal.
- College courses, CEUs or a combination of both can be used to meet EEC renewal requirements.
- CEUs may be offered at one time or over several sessions, over a long period of time or at a conference as a defined track.
- Quality may vary. Shop wisely!
- CEUs are typically taught by instructors with a Bachelor’s degree or higher, are seasoned adult educators with experience and knowledge in the subject area.
Build & Share Your CEU Events
Build - Learn how to build your own CEUs - click here.
Approval - Connect with organizations that can offer approved CEU credit – click here.
Share - Over 4,000 visitors search the Institute website every month. Send an email to the Institute Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) including
- information about your organization
- what organization approves the CEU content/issues credit and
- the CEU events
We will review the content and contact you via email to learn more and determine if the CEU meet Early Educator Certification renewal requirements.
Search for Quality
Direct links to online registration for trainings available online and in person, statewide are below.
Early educators are encouraged to reflect on their individual professional development and certification renewal needs to help them identify which continuing education options are the best fit. Contact EEC staff with questions at email@example.com.
Check with your local child care resource & referral, Smart Start partnerships, public schools and community colleges for more options.
- May 2 and 3: The Secret Ingredient for Success at Guilford Child Development (flyer)
- May 14: Design for Early Childhood Health and Outdoor Learning in Asheville (flyer)
- Coming Soon! - Free CEU credit will be offered for completing the online modules about the North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development. Check the link often to learn when this free professional development opportunity will be available.
North Carolina Suppliers
Out of State Suppliers
© 2010 NC Institute for Child Development Professionals, PO Box 959, Chapel Hill, NC 27514 firstname.lastname@example.org